Well-being services have a positive effect on employee well being. It is proven that today’s workforce is under more stress than ever before, so for those who like to be less active they can enjoy a chair or table massage. The therapeutic benefits produced by massage include loosening of muscular tension, toning and firming the muscles, and stimulating the circulation of the blood and lymph.
Benefits to your Company;
- Reduced Absenteeism: 119 million working days are lost due to back pain each year in the UK. (Harley Street Back Centre) The stronger, healthier backs that result from a regular massage will significantly reduce the number of days missed.
- Reduces work cover claims and sick days taken through ongoing monitoring of health. Unhealthy workers average just 49 productive hours of work per month compared to 143 hour per month for the healthy ones. (Medibank Private, 2005)
- Boosts Moral within the company. Massage programs show that the company cares about their employee well-being and shows a big thank you for all their hard work.
- Reduces Repetitive Strain Injury; Massage helps to reduce the adverse effects associated with repetitive work tasks and prolonged sitting positions.
- Excellent working Atmosphere; Happy relaxed staff are more motivated, loyal and productive. Massage helps improve and maintain the overall wellbeing of employees. People work better when they feel good about themselves.
- Decreases Employee Turnover; Massage programs aid a positive outlook towards the company by its employees, which helps decrease employee turnover.
- Diminishes Staff Stress Levels
- Relives Tension and tired muscles: Massage helps to alleviate any general soreness caused by day to day work activities.